SXRWeb Standalone A-Frame Plugin
This document explains how to use the Sense of Space hologram A-Frame component and how to use the standalone A-Frame integration.
This guide is only for use with the Hologram format .sxrweb, and not the SxrWeb Geometry Streaming.
- Make sure the hologram component is available. You can get from https://assets.senseofspace.io/jsplugins/1.0.15/soshologram_aframe.js
- e.g. <script src="https://assets.senseofspace.io/jsplugins/1.0.15/soshologram_aframe.js"></script>
- After you have the code available, you can add an aframe component for the hologram as follows
The soshologram component has the following paramters:
- source: the url of the hologram file
- use8thWallSource: set this to true if your source is stored in 8thwall and you want to use 8th wall's require function to get the final url of the source. The default value is false.
- autoinit: automatically initialize the hologram. The default value is true.
- loop: loop the volumetric video clip. The default value is true.
- mutedautoplay: automatically start the playback of the volumetric video in a muted state. The defalt value is false.
- autodecode: automatically start decoding the stream when the hologram is initialized. The default value is true.
Controlling the holograms
sosHologramContext has the following functions:
- switchToHologram(hologram_id, autoplay): Stops all holograms and activates the hologram with the id given in hologram_id
- getActiveHolograms(): Returns a list of all active hologram objects
- playActiveHolograms(): Plays all active holograms
- pauseActiveHolograms(): Pauses all active holograms
- activateHologram(hologram_id, autoplay): Activates the hologram with the id hologram_id
- stopAll(): Stops (deactivates) all hologras
- getHologramObject(hologram_id): Returns the hologram object of the hologram with the id hologram_id
- To access the details of the playback of a single hologram you can get the hologram object and control that hologram specifically. Example:
The hologram object has the following member functions:
- playHologram(): play the hologram.
- pauseHologram(): pause the hologram.
- getMesh(): return the threejs mesh used by the hologram.
- setQuality(integer): Set the hologram quality if not using adaptive streaming (0,1 or 2).
- disposeData(): free resources if the hologram is no more used.
- decodeData(): start decoding of the geometric data. Only available if autodecode is set to false in soshologram.
- getVideoElement(): returns the video element containing the texture of the hologram.
Additionally the user can define the following (callback) functions in the hologram object to customize the hologram:
- createCustomMaterial(ThreeJsTexture): Define your own Threejs material if you wish to use e.g. a custom shader instead of the default shading.
- onInitialized(): called when the hologram initialization is done, and it’s ready to be accessed.
- onPlayable(): called when hologram is ready to be played.
- onBufferProgress(Number): called when the buffering progresses and the estimate (from 0 to 1) of the buffering progress is updated.
Sxrweb three.js player documentation
availeble in https://assets.senseofspace.io/jsplugins/1.0.15/soshologram_threejs.js
Purpose: playing volumetric video in the Sense Of Space sxrweb format.
Prerequisites: Three.js, soshologram.js, hologram data .sxrweb (+ mp4)
When soshologram.js code is run, a function named createHologram() is added to window. This way, you can import soshologram.js as a module or simply add a script tag to it to have access to it. Calling window.createHologram will return a hologram object that can easily be integrated into any three.js application, including but not limited to A-Frame.
Hologram object interface:
SxrHologram.playHologram(userInteraction) Tries to play the hologram if there is sufficient data to play it. The argument can be used to indicate if the playing was caused by a user interaction or by automation. Affects muting of the video audio.
SxrHologram.pauseHologram() Pauses the hologram playback
SxrHologram.getMesh() Returns a Three.js mesh, that can be added to the scene.
SxrHologram.updateHologram() Updates the hologram geometry and texture. By default this should be called every frame, or whenever you wish to update the hologram.
SxrHologram.setQuality(quality) Sets the quality level of the hologram. Supported input values 0=low quality, 1=medium quality, 2= high quality.
SxrHologram.setHologramTime(time) Sets the hologram time value in seconds. May not work expectedly when streaming the data. Geometry and video is streamed by default if the backend server supports ranges. If you wish to preload everything before playing use blob URLs.
SxrHologram.getVideoElement() Returns the video element which feeds the texture data to the hologram.
SxrHologram.disposeData() Call this if you get rid of a hologram in the middle of running your program. Frees resources.